A strength session double-bill because I’ve been busy this week. This has had an impact on what strengthening I’ve been able to do.
On Monday, I was able to do a full legs set, but had to scrimp a bit on the arms work. I was also struggling, I think my shoulder is slightly out of place!
I wasn’t able to get into the gym again until Friday. I had been out for a 9km run with The Bloke not long before, and so the weights hurt. Really hurt. I had to duck some of the routine, because of it. I’m a little concerned, as the next day, Kniggly Knee™ came out of retirement, and decided to start clicking in and out of place.
- Leg extension – 3 x 10 reps @ 15kg
- Squats – 3 x 8 reps @ 12.5kg
- Sumo deadlifts – 3 x 8 reps @ 20kg
- Stiff leg deadlifts – 3 x 8 reps @ 20kg
- Standing calf raises – 3 x 8 reps
- Seated calf raises – 3 x 8 reps
- Incline dumbbell press – 1 x 8 reps @ 4kg per arm, and 2 x 8 reps @ 6kg per arm
- Flat dumbbell press – 3 x 8 reps @ 6kg per arm
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press – 3 x 8 reps @ 4kg per arm
- Close grip bench press – 3 x 8 reps @ 10kg
- Bent over row – 3 x 8 reps @ 6kg per arm
- Barbell bicep curl – 3 x 8 reps @ 10kg
- Dumbbell hammer curl – 3 x 8 reps @ 6kg per arm
- Leg extension – 2 x 15 reps @ 15kg, 1 x 15 reps @ 10kg
- Leg press – 3 x 15 reps @ 53kg
- Lying leg curls – 2 x 15 reps @ 10kg
I had to take the weights down on the leg extension, and took the sensible option of doing the same with the leg curls. There was a sharp pain at the back of my knee, so I cut those short. Id rather not aggravate anything further!