I thought I was going for a plod up and down the Great Central Way. My friend, Lou, had to do 5 x 300m reps. At speed. The rest of us were encouraged to join in. Reps 3, 4 and 5 were VERY hard work.
- Rep 1 – 76 secs (approx. 6:40 min/mile pace)
- Rep 2- 72 secs (approx. 6:19 min/mile pace)
- Rep 3- 76 secs (approx. 6:40 min/mile pace)
- Rep 4 – 78 secs (approx. 6:51 min/mile pace)
- Rep 5 – 80 secs (approx. 7:01 min/mile pace)
I’m actually gobsmacked. It was hard work, and parts of me were cursing me at the time, but that’s pretty good, isn’t it? Especially after such a lengthy virus, and not at 100%, I’m actually pretty pleased right now!