The virus has been lingering for so long, I don’t feel that I will ever be fit and healthy again. It’s persistence is impressive.
Unable to run, but feeling a bit perkier, I opted to continue my strength training, and for the first time this year, managed to fit in the second ‘Leg’ session I have been given. I also had time for the second ‘Push’ session, but I was far too tired to manage the ‘Pull’ session, again.
- Leg extension – 3 x 15 reps @ 15kg
- Leg press – 3 x 15 reps @ 42.5kg
- Walking lunges – 3 x 20 reps
- Lying leg curls – 3 x 15 reps @ 15kg
- Glutes bridges – 3 x 15 reps
- Standing calf raise – 3 x 20 reps
- Seated bent knee calf raise – 3 x 20 reps
- Incline dumbbell press – 3 x 10 reps @ 4kg per arm
- Pec deck – 3 x 10 reps @ 15kg (7.5kg per arm)
- Dumbbell standing side laters – 3 x 10 reps @ 3kg per arm
- Dumbbell incline front raises – 3 x 10 reps @ 2kg per arm
- Tricep rope push down – 1 x 15 reps @ 25kg, 2 x 15 reps @ 30kg
- Lying dumbbell tricep extension – 3 x 10 reps @ 8kg
The rest times between sets was shorter than for the other versions, and boy, did I notice! After finishing the legs, I staggered over to The Bloke, to tell him that they were shaking! He didn’t seem impressed. I’m guessing that I’d have had the same results even if I wasn’t ill, it was that brutal.
As for the Push set, I am so weak in the arms and shoulders, it’s actually disgusting! I had to take the weights down after the side raises, as I was struggling so much.
The DOMS were pretty quick to set in, and two days later, I can feel the pain (not bad pain, in case anyone wants to tell me off). I just hope that it pays off, if I ever am able to run again…