I’m still not disease free, but Kniggly Knee™ was starting to grumble, so I forced myself into the gym on my way home from court (work, honest!). The gym wasn’t too busy, and I was able to warm up on the Stair Master. By warm up, I mean burn up. Phew!
I then repeated the previous leg session, and added one of the arms ones (the Push group). I didn’t have enough time or energy to Pull, the story of my life!
- Leg extension – 3 x 10 reps @ 15kg
- Squats – 3 x 8 reps @ 12.5kg
- Sumo deadlifts – 3 x 8 reps @ 20kg
- Stiff leg deadlifts – 3 x 8 reps @ 20kg
- Standing calf raises – 3 x 8 reps
- Seated calf raises – 3 x 8 reps
- Incline dumbbell press – 3 x 8 reps @ 6kg per arm
- Flat dumbbell press – 3 x 8 reps @ 6kg per arm
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press – 3 x 8 reps @ 4kg per arm
- Dips – 1 x 6 reps with 25kg assistance, 2 x 6 reps with 35kg assistance
- Close grip bench press – 3 x 8 reps @ 10kg
- Behind head dumbbell triceps extension – 3 x 8 reps at 8kg
I was shocked I matched the last session, which was almost three weeks ago! Even more shocking, I had no trouble walking up and down the stairs afterwards. I shall await the DOMS with baited breath!
I was disappointed by my lack of upper body strength, however. I was struggling with the later reps, especially towards the end, so although I could’ve increased the weight, it would’ve been even more of a struggle. Maybe this is why I have Bingo Wings! I have weak shoulders, and that was very apparent. Ouch.
I’ve clearly got a lot of work to do, goddamit!