My plans to run today have been thwarted by my first off-road run in several weeks. Kniggly Knee™ found the whole experience quite disagreeable, and I also turned over on my ankle, and that is a little sore. It should recover quickly, however.
Today, I went to the gym instead. I was actually devastated to see one of the StairMasters was out of action, and somebody was using the other one. Grr. I went and used a spinning bike instead, and did a short session, including a warm up, and then some 90 sec intervals, at a higher RPM, to help with leg turnover.
All in all, I didn’t have time for much. This is what I did:-
- 30 minutes Spin bike
- Tricep extension – 1 x 10 reps @ 20kg, 1 x 10 reps @ 25kg, 1 x 10 reps @ 30kg
- Leg press – 3 x 10 reps @ 45kg
- Leg extension – 3 x 10 reps @ 10kg
- Leg curl – 3 x 10 reps @ 15kg
- Lat pulley – 1 x 10 reps @ 40kg, 1 x 10 reps @ 35kg, overhand and underhand grips, making 40 reps in total
I’m afraid the steam room was calling (and to be honest, The Bloke didn’t want to spend much time in the gym itself), and my sinuses certainly appreciated it! Or is that TMI?