As it is the first day of a new month, I thought I’d try and give the blog some extra purpose.
I’ve been really slack with my strengthening and training since leaving David Lloyd, and even then, it wasn’t brilliant. The first few months were fine, but then Kniggly Knee™ decided to make a reappearance.
We bought some kit to use at home, which I have, but not enough. I’ve missed yoga, but most classes don’t fit around my schedule.
I was looking at joining Lifestyle Fitness, mostly because the yoga classes are when I want. Then, last Friday, I was told that if I joined for one year, paid up front, I’d get the second, free! Yes, two years for the price of one.
More interestingly, it’s worked out that one year at LF is the same price as one year at DL!
Anyway, I’m planning on logging what I do, starting today.
- 30 minute StairMaster (forgot to note how many floors, but it was well over 100 after 20 minutes, or so)
- Squat machine – 3 x 10 reps @ 29kg
- Leg extension – 3 x 10 reps @ 10kg
- Leg curl – 3 x 10 reps @ 10kg
- Adductors – 3 x 10 reps @ 30kg
- Abductors – 3 x 10 reps @ 30kg
- Shoulder press – 3 x 10 reps @ 10kg
- Lat pulls (like a seated pull up) – 1 x 10 reps @ 30kg, 1 x 10 reps @ 35kg, 1 x 10 reps @ 40kg (both underhand and overhand grips, making a total of 60 reps!)
- 5 min row, ave 2:29.5min/500m and 28spm (easy effort)
- Core work including 20 L sit ups (extending to touch toes) and 2 minute raised leg plank (1 min per leg)
As a treat, I allowed myself 10 minutes in the steam room, and 10 minutes in the sauna.
If the leg weights look low, I’m being sensible to protect Kniggly Knee™.
Similarly, my dodgy shoulder hates pressing.
So far, I’m feeling fine. Let’s see how it goes during tonight’s speed session with Brian’s Group!