Weeks 32 – 39 Decision Time

Tomorrow is the deadline for entering the Leicester Half before fees go up, etc. The plan was to do this after completing a 12 miler, which would have reassured me, and boosted my self-esteem.

Instead, I am writing this post suffering yet another day with a wooshy head. It is autumn, and having spent the summer fighting pollen, my stupid immune system is making a half-hearted hash at dealing with the inevitable virus, or viruses, doing the rounds. Unusually, The Bloke was first to fall ill; he rarely picks up anything, if I’m honest. I was fine that week. I thought it must be something I’ve had in the past. But for the last two or three weeks, I’ve been run down, tired, and achy. I am waking up with the first signs of a cold, but it’s not getting past that. I’m having good and bad days, and it’s having an impact on my running.

So today, I need to decide whether or not I risk entering this race, which is in two weeks. I may be fine in a couple of weeks. But given how last autumn was a nightmare for viruses, I could wake up on the day, feeling like this, and unable to participate. I really don’t know what to do. I think I’ll have to resort to tossing a coin.

Sigh.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s